Menu
Grace69
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone landline not activated

Hi

I am getting very frustrated waiting for my virgin phone to be activated.  I signed up for a Virgin Bundle in February.  TV and Wi-Fi connected and running ok, originally given a connection date of 3 March for my phone line to be transferred over to Virgin- still waiting!

I have been told that there is no room in the box and will have to wait till someone in my area leaves virgin or the box is upgraded. Is this not a breach of contract? Virgin accepted my order for TV, Wi-Fi and Phone but are not providing the service I am paying for.  Currently I am paying both Virgin and another provider for my phone line.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone landline

You should have your account credited for the time you have not had the phone, but as with phone faults this usually tends to happen after the issue is corrected. The phone line also comes with a hefty discount to the other services, so the actual line rental cost only works out at around £5 a month.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Grace69
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fine to receive credit after issue solved but would like some idea when the box will be upgraded or I could be waiting months/years for a spare line to become available, I'm sure there must be lots more potential customers waiting for lines.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading of the phone system is not going to happen. Most of the system is very old, & customers in the new fibre to home areas don't even have a phone option. The sooner VM move to VoIP like other cable operators abroad, the better. It would also be considerably cheaper for us customers if they did.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos