Menu
ajmck
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone keeps ringing 1-3 times

Hi Guys,

At 0500 this morning my landline kept ringing 1-3 times. When I answered I got a dialling tone with a crackling noise coming from the handset. This persisted for least 20 - 30 minutes with no let up the phone ringing off the hook, the only way to get it to stop was to unplug my phone. Has any one encountered this, if so we're there any steps to take in order to resolve?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone keeps ringing 1-3 times

Hello ajmck,

Welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account to run a line check and everything looks fine, it's difficult to say what that was but I just want to check whether it's still happening now?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajmck
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

No it had stopped after I plugged my phone back in later that morning. The weather conditions at the time were very heavy rain, not sure if that was a factor?

many thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it could be that the cables are exposed which is causing this to happen whenever there's bad weather.

I can send someone out to take a look at it for you or whether you would rather wait to see if it happen again just let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajmck
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

I do believe that water ingress is causing the problem, we have had several heavy showers and the problem occurred again. For now I have put a cable tie around the box and insulated with duct tape, however, this probably isn't a good long term solution. If some is available to perhaps repair the box properly it would be greatly appreciated. 

Will this bus incur a charge?

Many thanks,

aaron 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aaron,

Yes that's no problem I will send someone out, there is no charge so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further details.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos