Menu
ferne
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone is dead and online services not working

My landline phone, part of my broadband service, is dead - no dial tone. I've gone online and there is no information. I've tried to book a service call and I keep cycling back to the welcome page. And the phone number that appears on the website reports a problem with broadband and TV but not phone. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any advice

Ferne

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone is dead and online services not working

Sorry to hear this Ferne,

I've located your account and it appears that this is happening due to essential maintenance work.

It has been advised that customers affected will lose service for approximately 2-5 hours.

Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if I can help with anything more in the meantime,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ferne
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you replying Nat_J but my phone has already been dead for far more than five hours. If this was essential maintenance, why did they not give some kind of warning?  And it's just my phone, though the website suggests it's TV and broadband. For me it is only the phone.

Ferne

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about this Ferne,

It appears that this was due to a fault detected.

This should be resolved this evening.

My sincere apologies,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
ferne
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still not resolved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ferne,

Sorry it's still not resolved.

When I check the line I can see that there is no longer a fault in the area so before I can book a technician I would just like to confirm whether you have tested your handset to eliminate any equipment fault?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ferne
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Communicating with you has been a total waste of time. Without your help, I did eventually get an engineer to show up. The problem was in Virgin equipment and was ultimately sorted. Every piece of information you supplied was wrong and slow. This forum is simply a pacifier to take the pressure off the company. It is the ultimate in bad service. I am currently looking into how i can change suppliers and keep my existing email. I will not be wasting my valuable time by consulting the forum again.  

Ferne

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ferne wrote:

.....This forum is simply a pacifier to take the pressure off the company. It is the ultimate in bad service. I am currently looking into how i can change suppliers and keep my existing email. I will not be wasting my valuable time by consulting the forum again.  

Ferne

in the hopes that you've not already stopped reading:

1. to save you some time., you cannot change suppliers and keep virginmail. you will need to get a non-ISP mail service like gmail, outlook...

2. some of the forum volunteers ( who don't work for Virgin ) are very good, and often the best help you can get. don't cut off your nose to spite your face... If you don't leave virgin it's likely you will want their help sooner or later...

0 Kudos
ferne
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

1. I don't use a virgin mail address

2. I have never had help from any company's forum and every time I am directed to one My heart sinks. At the moment it is just a question of finding an affordable supplier who is available in my area.

Using non-employees to supply customer service is a cheap way to exploit  your customers, your "volunteers" and your own employees. 

Ferne

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Ferne,

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Smiley Sad 

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved now but very sorry for any inconvenience experienced.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance and I'll be more than happy to help.

Take care,

Nat_J

0 Kudos