Menu
shuff
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone feature combinations

I currently have Caller Display & Call Divert activated on my Virginmedia landline.

I asked for 3 Way Calling and Call Waiting to be activated. Customer services did this for me.

After waiting 48 hours, neither of the new features was working.

I called Customer Services who put me through to the Second line team. The person there made some adjustments and said that both new services were now operating and tried a test call in which I could hear the Call waiting 'beep'.

After the call, I tried both features again. When setting Call waiting (*43#) I was told 'Sorry, the service requested is not available on this line'. 3 Way Calling didn't work either.

After calling Customer Service once more, and after a very long wait, I was told that I could only have one of Call Divert, 3 Way Calling or Call Waiting activated on my line at any one time as they are not compatible with each other.

Is this correct? The phone user guide only states that Call Waiting & Voicemail are incompatible.

If it is correct, why was I offered these services in the first place and why is the phone guide incorrect and why does it encourage one to bundle several calling features.

I'm confused :-(

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone feature combinations

Hi there Shuff, 

I'd like to thank you for you post, and say that I'm sorry for any confusion caused by this. 

I've just spoken to our second line team and have been advised that it does appear that Call Divert, 3 Way Calling and Call Waiting do conflict when added to the line together, and that would be the reason why you're only able to have one at a time. This may be region specific, as the Virgin Media network is made up of many different legacy cable companies, using different systems, so with phone features what is available to some may not be available to all. This would explain why you were originally advised you could have them, it's only when we went to add them on to the network did the issue arrise. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Shuff, 

I'd like to thank you for you post, and say that I'm sorry for any confusion caused by this. 

I've just spoken to our second line team and have been advised that it does appear that Call Divert, 3 Way Calling and Call Waiting do conflict when added to the line together, and that would be the reason why you're only able to have one at a time. This may be region specific, as the Virgin Media network is made up of many different legacy cable companies, using different systems, so with phone features what is available to some may not be available to all. This would explain why you were originally advised you could have them, it's only when we went to add them on to the network did the issue arrise. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

shuff
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the explanation Huw.

Still a bit disappointed though - because I was persuaded to upgrade my TV package on the back of the new phone services Man Sad

0 Kudos