Menu
Gings
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone dead no dial tone at all

Hi,

My phone is dead no dial tone at all.  Was alright yesterday but not today.  People cannot get through to us at all.

As I have a care line attached to our phone, I am disabled I need a phone line that works.

Gings 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone dead no dial tone at all

Hello Gings,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have tested your line and it's coming back as blocked so just before I arrange for a technician can I confirm whether you have tested/replaced the handset to eliminate any equipment fault?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gings
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

As far as I can tell the phones are okay, we have only had them a year or so but this is the second time this has happened to us and we went out and bought new phones in the hope it would stop it happening again.  

What causes the line to 'blocked'?

Gings

0 Kudos
Gings
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

The technician is due out tomorrow afternoon Wednesday 8th March.

Regards

Gings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

The line can be blocked by either a fault on the line or the equipment but as you have mentioned that you have tried another phone then a technician would be required.

Please let me know how you get on or if you need any further help after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gings
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Technician came today but was unable to repair the line.  Looks like I need a complete new line from the green box at the end of the road to the house.  

First available slot is 28th March, not good enough considering I have a Life line/Care line linked to the phone as I have MS I need that line to work in case there is an emergency. So I will be without a phone for nearly a month do I get a refund I wonder!!!!!!!

Gings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gings,

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I can see that the repull has an earlier date and I would also like to send out forms to register your lifeline so I'm just going to send you a private message with further information which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos