Menu
djfairweather
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone dead - conflict between calls and website!

I have posted this as a reply to a similar problem but I thought I would start a new thread as suggested elsewhere.

I am in West London and my phone is completely dead.  Yes I did try another handset.  I checked at the Master socket and there are no volts on the line so it is outside in the street somewhere.  By some coincidence (?) I almost ran over someone at the end of my street as he was putting away some barriers near the VM cabinet.  I didn't think anything of it until I tried to make a call - phone completely dead.  I have broadband also which still works.  The delivery is a Siamese cable so I know they haven't cut through the whole thing - probably just swapped my line for whoever they were connecting up on Thursday.  A call to my number rings and goes to answer phone.  

I was given an appointment 6 days away.  However I saw on my website account that a visit was booked for yesterday (Saturday 14th)  I stayed in all day.  I called at 13.05 to check what was going on because I was due to babysit that evening.  I was told by someone at the Glasgow call centre to wait in as there would be an engineer by 7pm.  No one turned up and I was not a happy bunny to say the least!  I called this morning as I see that there is yet another 'engineer visit' booked between 8am and 4pm on my account.  I was told 'Oh no, that's just a network check and the one for yesterday was the same. Your visit isn't until 18th'  What is wrong with their system?  Why does it say I am getting a visit when there is no intention of an engineer coming out?

I am a volunteer manager of a large community centre and my number is the emergency number foe ANY issue there. This is so frustrating.  I have been with BT/SKY for almost 40 years now and have NEVER had a problem like this

After more calls and complaints - allegedly I am getting a visit today but I am not holding my breath.

I have now run out of minutes on my mobile as I have spent a total of 66 minutes trying to get this resolved.  Does anyone know how to get compensation for something like this?

0 Kudos
djfairweather
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone dead - conflict between calls and website!

I am not sure how to update my original post so I am doing a reply.  Maybe someone can help me with how I update.

Quick update.  It is now 1615 and no engineer arrived.  I have called to find out what happened and I have been told the request was not approved by a manager.  Even though I was assured by the fault department that all that was needed was to get a manager to approve I was put on hold and when the agent came back he told me all was approved and I would get a visit between 12.00 - 1600.  As I said no one came.  Now I have been told by the Indian Call Centre that a new emergency call out has been approved by a manager and someone would be with me in the next 4 hours (Sunday).

I asked to be put through to 'faults' so I can check myself.  I was transferred to the Glasgow Call centre where I was told that this was not the case and I would get a visit between 8am and 12pm on Monday.  Yet ANOTHER day waiting around.  I no longer believe anything I am told by any agent I speak to anywhere.  Is it the system or is this deliberate because there are not enough engineers to go round and they have to find a way to delay and delay?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone dead - conflict between calls and website!

Hi djfairweather,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your landline. I have responded to your original post about this here: Landline dead. Rubbish customer service and also sent you a private message. Please refer to the original post and check the envelope icon at the top right of this page for my private message.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos