Menu
Roastington
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Phone dead b/band ok

Had Virgin phone and broadband installed 9 days ago and suddenly no phone but broadband OK.  Have done online test which says no fault.  Phoned 150 from other phone and have now got to wait 5 days for an engineer to come.  Not very happy and not a good introduction to Virgin, never had this problem with Talktalk in 15 years we had them.  Anybody at Virgin able to help?

Thanks, Keith

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone dead b/band ok

Hi Keith

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know the line is now working for you. I appreciate the delay in getting this resolved has caused you an inconvenience and apologise for that.

We do have a loss of service policy for adjustments to be worked out for our customers based on the duration of the service loss. If you’d like to get in touch with our teams about this, they’d be happy to discuss this with you Smiley Happy

You can either chat with them via the phone on 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via our Webchat options available on our Contact Us page.

The link is currently down whilst it is being worked on at this very moment but if you’d like to check back in later, you can get in touch with them on www.virginmedia.com/contactus.

I’m also going to send a pm to you to offer some further support with this and it would be fab if you could take a look at that for me Smiley Happy

You can find this in thenext to your forum name.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Do you get a dial tone? If someone rings you does it ring at their end or give them a message? What happens when you dial out?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Roastington
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, There is no dial tone and when I try to dial out it is just dead.When I rang the number from a mobile it has a ringing tone and eventually comes up with an unavailable message.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Three possibilities spring to mind:

1. You're using a call blocker or a BT6500 or BT8500 which will require different wiring in the socket
  2. Your phone line has been patched in to the wrong line at the cabinet
  3. You have a fault with your line

You can answer the first one but the other two you need someone at Virgin to do some tests. You can wait for a forum moderator to pick this up (might be today, might be Monday) or call 150.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to say, before you call customer services try a different phone as it's the first thing they'll ask you to do.

0 Kudos
Roastington
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, The main phone is a normal phone we have had for years and an extension runs to the bedroom where we have a Panasonic wireless phone on which we have blocked a few nuisance calls.However the service has been running fine since installation 9 days ago and it is only this morning that we realised it was dead as we used it last night.
Our relative in the next road is with Virgin and is ok so reported the fault for us gave a reference number but said it will be 5 days before an engineer comes. The annoying part about it all is that it is a new installation and we live 2 doors from the green box and 1 mile from the Virgin engineers depot and yet 5DAYS!!!
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you unplug the Panasonic does the other phone work?

I can see my local Virgin office from my office window it's that close but I had to wait 2 days for a hub to be swapped rather than taking a stroll up the road and swapping it myself. It's frustrating but these offices haven't had customer facing staff for over a decade.

0 Kudos
Roastington
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Have tried doing that but no combination seems to work,its peculiar that it has all worked for 9 days ok. These companies want to sign you up quick enough spending fortunes on mail advertising instead of spending money on more engineers to make what they are selling work! Thanks for your replies.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Keith,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your telephone line and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see a technician has already been booked for this issue.

Please let me know how you get on or if you have any further issues and I will look into it for you.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Roastington
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B

Yes there is a technician booked but the earliest they could give me is Tuesday 26th!!!! I purposely purchased Talk more anytime as I don't use a mobile and I was hoping to spend the next few days phoning garages trying to purchase a car for my Son's 21st. As I said in an earlier post, I live less than a mile from one of the main engineer depots so it is not as if I am not easily accessible. A very disappointing start to my Virgin experience!!
0 Kudos