Menu
smodhej
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone call charges

Hi
I am a new Virgin user and when I received my first bill this month I realized 65 pounds for my phone calls. I just used my phone for international call for which I used planet numbers. According to their website, I have to pay 5 p per minute for calling to Iran but I realized It charched me 13 p per minute. Please help me where the problem is. Is 0873 numbers are free with virgin or not?
Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone call charges

Only 0870 numbers are included as standard in VM's call plans.

It is well known that VM charge more for non-geographic numbers than providers using BT lines.

Best way to find the cheapest third party call carrier is to use the International Call checker at Moneysavingexpert .com

Just select where you are calling, & Virgin as your landline provider, & you should get an up to dater list of the cheapest options:

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/?_ga=1.233252318.1320692537.1455186556 

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
smodhej
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you nodrogd for your respond but I got this number through this website as the cheapest number. I don't know why they charged more
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi smodhej,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a problem with your call charge billing.

It's great to see nodrogd has given you some helpful information. 

If you would like more tariff information about call charges on a Virgin Media landline, please see the following link: Call Plan and Charges

If you would like to speak to us about specific charges on your bill, please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), option 1 and then option 2, or you can contact us via Online Chat: Contact Us just choose the appropriate options then click Chat Online.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further queries.

Take care,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos