Menu
Jezam
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone XL - What am i paying for calls?

Hi, I'm a Big Kahuna bundle customer and my account says my phone package is XL. But when i search for call charges etc. the website does not list this option so i do not know what call charges are or if i get free anytime or weekend calls etc. I've just moved to this tariff so can't look at an old bill. Where can i find the answer please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone XL - What am i paying for calls?

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-fibre-optic/phone-xl.html

Read the text at the top. You can ignore the bundle info below it. The breakdown of inclusive items (green tick) is in the table below the bundles. Remember that inclusive calls must not exceed 60 minutes. Hang up & redial to avoid charges.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
beejayfox
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat ! My phone package is XL and only call charge detail is shown for packages such as "Talk Weekend" or "Talk More Weekend". How are we supposed to know what's included ? Looks a little bit like deliberate obfuscation. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Talk Evenings & Weekends (L), & Talk Unlimited (XL) are now legacy plans & are no longer sold. The Talk More plans on the linked page are new, & include more call types.

Talk Unlimited (XL) gives you inclusive calls to 01,02,03, 0870 & Virgin Mobile numbers at any time of day for a maximum of 60 minutes per call.

Talk More Anytime is the same price as Talk Unlimited, but also now includes calls to 0845 numbers & all UK mobiles.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd

So the OP has XL listed as part of the Big Kuhuna package they have just taken on, can that old "XL Talk Unlimited" be swapped so they get the new "Talk More Anytime" with 0845 numbers included ??
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That would be a good question for someone that's got a handle on customer services:

@BenMcr

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's possible to swap to the new Talk More Anytime plan, as Big Kahuna comes with Talk Weekends as standard.

Any other plan is an upgrade so can be changed independently of the rest of the bundle.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own