Menu
Jaina
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone Socket on wall loose

Hi, The phone socket on our wall is really loose, and the wires are visible to one side of it. Lately the phone has been quite crackly when in use, sometimes to the point where I end up calling people back from my mobile as the reception is much clearer. The socket has been there for at least 12 years, and has 'Telewest' written on it. I have been with Virgin Media for at least 10 years to the best of my recollection, so obviously the socket is pretty old. Is there anything that can be done about it?
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Socket on wall loose

Hi Jaina,

I think you need to arrange an engineer's visit ... 150 from your crackly VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Socket on wall loose

HI Jaina

Sorry to hear about the problem with your phone socket, Dave_cq is correct that we'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this. 

If you'd like me to get this sorted, just send me a private message with the first line of your address, postcode and the name of the account holder and I'll get right to it. You can send the message by clicking my name of picture to get on my profile, then press the 'Send me a message' button on the right hand side of the page. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos