Menu
Darrenfranklin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone Service

Please help. My wife and I are a new customer and we had a Big Kahnua package setup and installed on the 2nd August. My wife was told after the install that the our phone line will port once the outside box has capacity. We had 2 engineers come out 2 weeks later to say nothing had been done and wasn't aware anything was planned. 

I have complained and phoned in and been promised callbacks but nothing has happened. I was told that a request was in to expand the box but I may have to wait until someone else in my area cancels. This seems mad. And if i cancel then i will lose my phone number....

Please, please help. The engineer said he knew what to do but had no orders to do it.

AAAAHHHHH! No phone, no 999 service for 4 weeks......

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Service

The likelihood is that you will have to wait until another customer leaves. The majority of Virgins inherited network was never built with expansion in mind. The companies that built them were only interested in making money quickly. With more & more people preferring to use mobiles, & Virgin's new fibre-only areas not having any phone infrastructure, they are unlikely going to spend the considerable amount they would need too to correct this. Indeed, the development of VoIP services using the Broadband network would be considerably cheaper.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The likelihood is that you will have to wait until another customer leaves. The majority of Virgins inherited network was never built with expansion in mind. The companies that built them were only interested in making money quickly. With more & more people preferring to use mobiles, & Virgin's new fibre-only areas not having any phone infrastructure, they are unlikely going to spend the considerable amount they would need too to correct this. Indeed, the development of VoIP services using the Broadband network would be considerably cheaper.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Darrenfranklin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the engineer has said that they can expand but said something similar. Its really ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Darrenfranklin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey but at least I have earned a few badges...I think its back to Sky....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darrenfranklin

Welcome to the Community, I am so sorry to learn about the trouble you've experienced with your phone service recently, it's certainly not something that we want for you.

As nodrogd has mentioned, the most likely outcome is that you'll be contacted when a space becomes available and the local engineers will arrange installation. I'm very sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing.

I'll be here should you need anything chasing moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Darrenfranklin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig.

I cant afford to wait. I need the phone service asap. If we knew we would lose it then we would have waited until a phone line was available. The phone is critical to our home life. The best solution is to do the work the engineer recommended on the box. Can I also ask you stop mailshotting me offers for that you cant fulfil. Also Virgin seems to be very clever at the social media "awards" and congratulations to me for complaining but incapable of ringing me on my mobile to discuss. It might als be worth investing in technology that lets sales people know whether the service can be sold.

The solution of waiting until someone else has a nightmare with Virgin so that they cancel just isn't acceptable.  Suffice to say I,ve ended up contacting watchdog, Ofcom and various consumer groups in the papers, as I sense this is a scam to lock me in.

Virgin will have til next Saturday to resolve or I will cancel and submit civil action for the mobile costs I have incurred and loss of business. As said, my disabled wife is currently compromised by not being able to contact services including 999. I have given her a mobile but if she leaves it downstairs and she is upstairs then we may have a serious medical incident.

Absolutely sick of this. Absolute shame of an organisation.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darrenfranklin

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, I can confirm that I've amended the marketing preferences for your address so that you'll stop receiving them. It can take a maximum of 30 days to take place so anything you receive in the next 30 days, I apologise for.

As for the line capacity issue, there is no speeding up this situation unfortunately. A member of the team will be in touch once space becomes available in your local area.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Darrenfranklin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay.

Not happy, so can you issue the deadlock letter so that I can go to the Independent agency.

There is another solution, the engineer told me so, but you are not willing to offer it. 

Can you please send me this decision in writing to my home address, so I can get things moving.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darrenfranklin

I wouldn't be able to send you anything in writing but if you want to give our team a call on 0345 454 1111 I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

0 Kudos
Darrenfranklin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Another few hours on the phone. Another day without a phone. 

An answer of "keep your fingers crossed and hope someone cancels" is horrendous.

0 Kudos