Menu
shobi
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone Noise

I joined Virgin last week, only problem is the landliine phone makes a horrible buzing noise sometimes so bad that I can hear what the other person is saying. Would this be because I am using a hand set supplied by BT (my former supplier) or is this a fault on the Virgin line?

I did not find the problem solving page very helpful on Virgin Media.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Noise

Hi shobi,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working, especially so soon after being installed! I'll look into this for you now.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and testing is showing a problem but we need to verify if this is caused by the equipment connected to the socket or on the line. 

Please complete the following checks:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue? (E.g. no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged?
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you have done the above checks and still having the noise on your line. Just check the blue envelope at the top right of this page. 

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Noise

Hi shobi,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working, especially so soon after being installed! I'll look into this for you now.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and testing is showing a problem but we need to verify if this is caused by the equipment connected to the socket or on the line. 

Please complete the following checks:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue? (E.g. no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged?
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you have done the above checks and still having the noise on your line. Just check the blue envelope at the top right of this page. 

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help