Menu
samir1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line not transferred to Virgin

Hi ,

I have  moved from Talk Talk to Virgin. I had cancelled my contract with Talk Talk(Phone and broadband).  After which I went on to take a contract the player bundle. There I saw it clearly stated that I should not cancel my phone connection with the existing provider so I cancelled the process and went back to Talk Talk . They told me that the cancellation request had gone and they could only revert it back if I continued with them.

I then spoke on Live chat with Lara ( I don’t know if it is a generic name) where I explained that I had already cancelled the line. She told me that it was okay and to go ahead with the taking the player bundle. She was with me throughout the process and I had to stop because I did not have my debit card with me.  An hour later I got hold of my debit card and and took the contract.

Now I have got a text from Virgin saying that that they cant transfer the old phone number and that I have to contact my old provider. But now my old provider has nothing to do with this as my contract with them is over so they cant help me.

So you need to do something  about it because I was told it was okay in spite of explaining the situation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line not transferred to Virgin

Hi Samir1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

We're only able to port telephone numbers from active lines, I've located your account to take a closer look at this and I can see that this is the case here, as the line has been deactivated before our porting request. 

I can also see you've got an appointment with an engineer to arrive soon, we'd love to hear how that goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos