Menu
Shr0omtunes
Joining in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line dead

Hi,

My phone line has gone dead over the last couple of days.  I have reported it to Virgin, via email who have said they have run tests and the line seems fine and for me to check my handsets, which I've done and they seem fine to me, both charged but not giving me a dial tone.  The phones both state, 'Check Phone Line' which I see is a recent, recurring theme, looking at posts on here. When I call the phone from my mobile it says 'User Busy'  What to do now?

Thanks

Andy 

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Line dead

Most likely explanation is that an incompetent engineer has disconnected your phone cable at the street cabinet.  Suggest you get back to VM and request an engineer visit.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Elston
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Line Dead

@jane8,

The only suggestion I can make is to keep posting on these forums.  Rose_B has been very helpful and may pick up on your post and send you a PM.  Have a look at the FAQs: I know there have been many who have had issues similar to yours and good answers may already be there.  I'm with you on getting the bills down: Mine have crept up over the years and I'll be contacting VM to see what they're going to do about it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Elston.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Most likely explanation is that an incompetent engineer has disconnected your phone cable at the street cabinet.  Suggest you get back to VM and request an engineer visit.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Shr0omtunes
Joining in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Yes! Open Reach are always buzzing around that cabinet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shr0omtunes

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your telephone service lately.

I'd like to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to do so using your forum information. So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
simo76
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. Phone line is not working at all. been out to buy new phone to make sure it wasn't handset. and low and behold its still not working. Just ran test and it says everything ok.  

Elston
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Me too. Phone's been dead for a couple of days now. I try not to be too negative but I seem to be visiting these forums a lot lately. I know no-one's going out this time of year, puts a strain on the system etc. but this is the 21st century! VM don't reduce the price automatically when the services go down do they?

0 Kudos
simo76
Tuning in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

exactly having the same thoughts. Also having problems with my V+ box as well. Starting to have second thoughts about virgin

0 Kudos
Elston
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@simo76

...you and few others methinks.  It's very poor with VM seemingly doing very little about it.

0 Kudos
malfred1
Joining in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

mine has also gone dead this afternoon cannot find out what is wrong

0 Kudos
Elston
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@malfred1

Is profanity allowed on these forums?

If so (and this isn't directed at you malfred1), I gotta ask: **bleep**?  

C'mon VM; get with it!

0 Kudos