Menu
Stoffordshire5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line Down

Recurring fault with my phone line for over 4 years! The phone line has no dial tone and just doesn't work, we have had the same fault so many times I've lost count, fed up of keep reporting it, it gets fixed then goes down again everytime! It costs me a fortune to call from my mobile
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line Down

Hi Stoffordshire5

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end, we're seeing no problems at the moment though. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stoffordshire5
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please can you advise what information you require to test our line your end? Although from previous experience this is a waste of time and an engineer will be required.

As explained this is a recurring fault, not an issue with my handset.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Stoffordshire5

I've already tested the line from our end, I was able to locate your account through the email address you've used to sign up to the Community withMan Happy

As for the handset, your reasoning doesn't exclude it from having a potential problem unfortunately and I've checked your account and can't see any recent engineer appointments for your phone line? The last I can see was from April.

That being said, I'd still be able to arrange for an appointment as long as you know that if there is a problem found with your handset which is causing these problems, the engineer can charge for the appointment, which is something I want to avoid for you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stoffordshire5
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand what you are saying and yes please book an engineer I have no doubt it is the line again as it is the same fault. April was not that long ago and in view of the fact we do not use our home phone often I cannot identify when this occurred, I know it has been down for the last 3 weeks. Regardless you would see that an engineer has been out for the phone repeatedly for the same fault, two or three times a year would still classify as repeated or are you saying its normal for the same fault to occur every six months???!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stoffordshire5

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Craig

0 Kudos