Menu
Marge101
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone Dead

My Panasonic handset says "Check Tel Line". I have no dialling tone. People who try to call me get no ringing tone. The phone was functioning ok yesterday but today is dead as a dodo. And not being able to speak to a person at Virgin, via online chat or via my [non-Virgin] mobile is deeply frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Dead

Hello Marge101,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're without your telephone line at the moment.

I have located your account to run a line test and I'm not finding any faults in the area at the moment so I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further instructions.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Marge101
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Rose. I've discovered that callers hear the ringing tone but my phone doesn't ring [and I have no dialling tone]. When I test out the intercom facility the handsets ring. The phones still carry the 'Check Tel Line' message.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Marge101,

Thanks for getting back to me, yes this does indeed sound like we will need to arrange for a technician visit so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please let me know if you haven't received it Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Marge101
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose,

I got a message via the blue envelope but it didn't relate to a technician's visit. It was about my taking part in the forum.

Still no dialling tone ...

Best wishes,

Erica

0 Kudos
Marge101
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose,

How do we go about arranging the technician visit you mentioned? Still no dialling tone. I tried another phone in the phone connection wall socket today and there is no telephone line signal. I couldn't find your message about the visit yesterday - only a message about getting some points for being in the community.

Cheers, Marge101

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marge101,

Sorry that you didn't receive Rose's private message with details we require to book an engineer. I've checked this and can see that she did send you a pm at 5:49 yesterday. 

Please check the envelope icon again, as I've just sent you another private message requesting appointment details.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos