Menu
j_white07
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PHONE NUMBER HAS RANDOMLY CHANGED!

Having recently moved from Talktalk to Virgin for Phone Services, I requested my number to be ported with me which went through successfully. All had been working fine until yesterday when I realised that my number no longer existed! The line went dead if anyone tried to call the number. 

I then tried to call out from my landline to a mobile, which although successful, revealed that my landline number had completely changed. To make matters worse, anyone then calling the new number was greeted with a voicemail of a business phone line!!!

I have phoned customer services today to be told that Talktalk have 'not authorised' the porting of the number and have supposedly taken it back?? This all seems completely bizarre to me and incredibly frustrating given that I cannot receive any calls on this phone, moreover that I seem to have lost my number.

I recently ordered the 'caller display' feature and the phone was unplugged for a few days over the Christmas period. Surely this couldn't occur as a result of these actions??

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: PHONE NUMBER HAS RANDOMLY CHANGED!

Hi j_white07

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone number.

I'd love to take a closer look at this and see what we can do to get this resolved. So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to getting this issue resolved.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos