Menu
edwardsant
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Overseas Calls

Why are calls to some European countries, such as Malta, not includd as free in my package?  Whereas I can call some other more distant countries for free.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overseas Calls

some places it costs more or is harder to connect to. It often depends on the providers at the other end as much as this end
0 Kudos
edwardsant
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a good and honest reply.  Just a smoke screen and a lame reply.  With  other providers calls to European countries are invariably free - why not Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

what other providers. I can't find Malta included on BT packages but i'm not sure where to look lol
0 Kudos
edwardsant
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT and TalkTalk both have free calls to Malta.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax gave a good reply. virgin bt or whoever negotiate call costs with different countries. if country A is charging an acceptable amount then virgin/bt etc will go with them and include in the free minutes. if country B charge more then it isn't cost efficient nor does it make business sense to include it as part of free minutes.

i spent five minutes looking and couldn't find a provider that has free calls to malta as part of a free minutes package. maybe someone can confirm otherwise.

0 Kudos