Menu
KittyHawk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged for phone bill

Before I moved out of my parents house 2 years ago, I cancelled the broadband connection as my family wouldn't be using it. The person I spoke to noticed that my parents made a lot of phone calls so he recommended a phone package for them. I can't remember the exact details of the package, but he said that it included phone calls to mobile phones. Since then, we've not had any issues regarding bills. They've always been between £40-50. This past month, my mum had to make a lot of phone calls to mobile phones, but it wasn't an issue because of the package she was on, or so she thought. Imagine the shock when she gets a bill for £127. Now, if there has been a change to the pricing or structure of the package, why weren't we notified? How has the bill gone from £40 to £127? I've checked the numbers she has phoned and a lot of them mobile phone numbers. One phone call was billed at £9! My Mum spoke to one of your representatives and she told her that the account doesn't have a phone package. The representative even had the cheek to ask if my mum wanted to pay another £1 to have mobile phones included in the deal! Could someone please explain what is going on? We haven't cancelled anything on our account, haven't been notified of any changes and the numbers that have been called are no different from the numbers that were called when we got the package, or called a year ago or called any other time.

0 Kudos
KittyHawk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged for phone bill

While I appreciate that you've sorted our issue very quickly (adding what should already be in our bundle), we're still angry that we're still being charged an extra £70 through no fault of our own. We'd very much appreciate it if this could be dealt with one way or another.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged for phone bill

Hi KittyHawk,

I am very sorry for the issues concerning billing that you've experienced.

I can see that you have called us to discuss this further since posting.

I hope that this has now been resolved for you, and if you require any further help, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos