Menu
Owdgoolie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Old landline number transferring over to Virgin.

When we signed up to VirginMedia, we requested that our existing landline number be transferred to our new Virgin phone line, but this doesn't seem to have happened. We've contacted our local rep., but he hasn't come back to us so we don't know whether it's been done. 

How will we know when our number has been transferred, please? Our last ISP says our contract with them terminates on the 5th May, and I'm concerned that we'll lose our number.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old landline number transferring over to Virgin.

I would assume 5th May will probably be your transfer date, as the service with your existing ISP must continue until that date, & the only way they can provide a service is via your old number.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Owdgoolie

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the worries you've got regarding your number port.

I've been able to take a look at your account to check up on this for you and I can see a port has been requestedMan Happy. If you'd like me to confirm some specific information regarding the ticket on your account, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information to help clear security and I'll respond right back.

You can view that message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would assume 5th May will probably be your transfer date, as the service with your existing ISP must continue until that date, & the only way they can provide a service is via your old number.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Owdgoolie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, nodgrod, so are you saying that I won't know if our old landline number has been transferred until the change-over day, please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Owdgoolie

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the worries you've got regarding your number port.

I've been able to take a look at your account to check up on this for you and I can see a port has been requestedMan Happy. If you'd like me to confirm some specific information regarding the ticket on your account, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information to help clear security and I'll respond right back.

You can view that message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Owdgoolie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Might it be possible to have some guidance on this aspect of transferring from one ISP to Virgin, in the "Your Virgin phone guide" booklet, enclosed with Welcome packs? Unless I've missed it, of course.
0 Kudos
JT3
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I am currently having major problems having thought I transferred by BT phone number to Virgin when I signed up in May but am still being charged by BT and Virgin since then. I requested to keep my old number when I was asked on the phone but BT say that Virgin did not request this and so I need to carry on paying BT. On an online chat today I was told that as I did not ask to keep my number (which I actually did) they have not ported this from BT and I need to pay both companies. I have no idea that I had 2 phone numbers and lines and cannot find my Virgin number on any correspondence. I am currently £163 out of pocket since trying to transfer and am not happy. Can you help in anyway please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JT3

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone number and I'd really like to take a closer look.

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
pdrscott
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can my land line number be transferred to virgin cable

0 Kudos