Menu
elizabethevans6
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Number porting

I'm so disappointed that my family phone number of 45 years failed to be ported when I moved to Virgin from BT despite my BT account being left open for 10 days to allow this to happen.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number porting

HI elizabethevans6,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your number port failed because your BT account was closed. In some instances, a number port can take longer than 10 days. Your BT account should have been left open until the port had completed, in which time we would have requested the closure of the account.

I understand how frustrating this is, especially seeing that you've had the same number for so long.

Have you been in touch with BT to see if the number is still available? I can check into this for you, if you like. I'll just need to verify your details first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We actually have been given a date for the port but all of a sudden today we are being told that it "could" be a different date. If you care to read my post I need this matter resolved as I'm a carer for 2 disabled people. I'm trying anything at this point. I'm absolutely desperate.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
twin--turbo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sure I had a letter ( why not an e-mail?) saying my number would port-in on the 13th. But I am still waiting and potentially paying for my old line. Support washed there hands when I e-mailed, had nothing back since their first dreadful response.

I came over from TalkTalk (who I have always had good service from but could not get me Fibre)

TT
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annzie,

I'm glad to hear on your original post: URGENT. Informed Virgin of a line port 1 month ago. I'm a carer for 2 people. I need to keep ... that this has now been sorted out for you. 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi twin--turbo,

Thanks for your post on the Forum, I'm sorry that you haven't had any updates about your number port yet.

I can look into this for you, but I'll need to verify your details first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos