Menu
IA76
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Number port not complete?

I had my broadband and phone fitted yesterday and had my old number ported over from PlusNet.

24 hours later and I checked and I can make outgoing calls on both my VM and PlusNet sockets and they both display the correct number, however incoming calls are only coming in on the PlusNet socket.

I called virgin and they have arranged for a engineer to come on Tuesday but I get the feeling that the port hasn't gone thorough properly.

What do you think?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number port not complete?

HI IA76

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment. 

It sounds as if the number port has gone through but a fault has occurred causing you not to make those outbound calls, which the engineer should be able to put right. 

We'd love to hear how the appointment goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

IA76
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can make outbound calls on the Virgin socket. It's inbound that are still coming in to the PlusNet phone socket.

I can't understand why I'm still getting inbound/outbound calls on the PlusNet phone socket that still show the number that was ported over.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update IA76

These issues can be a quite complex but from my experience, it sounds as if there's a physical issue with the line local to you. That's something that the engineer will be able to put right on the day, or at the very least identify and plan for a resolution. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue is causing

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

IA76
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The incoming calls started working a day before the engineer was due so I cancelled the visit.

0 Kudos