Menu
vm_customer
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Number not ported after moving house

We've just moved house and as part of that I asked to retain our phone number. I should point out I've been with VM since the Birmingham Cable days. This is a phone number I've had with them since 1999.

The port didn't happen when we moved, so I phoned customer services. I was told 3-5 working days before the port would happen. Six working days later it still hadn't been ported, so I phoned again. I was told the form was filled in wrongly by the first person, and he had then corrected it and it would be done the next day. That was last Friday.

It's now another three working days later and when I phoned up to query the first bill (which in no way resembled what was agreed when talking to the movers team) I pointed out that the number still hadn't been ported. I was told there were loads of notes on the account which finally established that there is a different type of switch in the exchange which means this is one of the "one in ten" cases where a number port is not possible. Noone had bothered to tell me this.

Now we have moved less than half a mile from our previous address. I believe we are connected to the same exchange. In any case, isn't all this number redirection done by software these days anyway? You can imagine that after over 18 years there are quite a few people with that phone number and it will take me a while to tell them all it's changed - and this after being told that moving house and remaining loyal to VM (when there were much cheaper offers on the table) meant we could retain our phone number.

This has so far been a painful experience. I have had to query absolutely everything, nearly everything regarding billing has been wrong, and now the number has changed. I am not a happy customer at all at the moment. I am hoping someone from VM can provide some insight into this because I have lost all confidence in phoning customer services.

0 Kudos
vm_customer
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number not ported after moving house

Is there anyone from Virgin Media who can pick this up, please?

0 Kudos
vm_customer
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello? I know the number has changed but have we been cut off from the world? Anyone from Virgin Media reading this and able to help me...please?

0 Kudos
vm_customer
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

?

0 Kudos
vm_customer
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your help so far... Is there really noone out there from Virgin Media who can help me with this?

I have tried ringing customer services but got nowhere yet again. They said someone would phone me back but that hasn't happened. So far every thing seems to have gone wrong that could have gone wrong and I am on the brink of giving it up and going for a BT or related provider instead as this complete absence of customer service is so poor.

I have also tried to do online chat a few times, but every time I go on it says they're all busy and to come back later. The only other route directs me here. Is there anyone out there...?

Is there any other way anyone else can recommend for making a complaint to get some action from VM?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there vm_customer,

I am sincerely sorry to hear about all of the trouble experienced.

I believe the updates via the thread have caused the post to get pushed further back via the queue, thus causing the delay with receiving a response from us. I am also sorry about this.

I'd like to help and I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
vm_customer
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat.

I have seen your private message and replied on Tuesday night. I too hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fab!

I've just located this and I shall respond ASAP.

Speak soon,

Nat.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos