Menu
a24udi
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance calls

Sorry I know this subject has been covered on here but it is aimed more to any Virgin media people who can answer the questions as I'm away and using the phone is not as easy so sorry in advance!

Ok like many of you out there I'm getting fed up with this stupid marketing calls, 9 today at least!

So questions, I can't honestly believe in today's tech world I have no control over my telephone line that I pay a lot of money for, I have registered my number and think by now we all know these people call from outside the UK , I got myself a CPR call blocker and didn't work, great some added on here the possibility of adding in-line filters to try and make it work, so waiting for them to come and for me to return home and try them.

So VM, what else can you do for me to keep me as a customer, when I called there were 2 options, 1 register to try and stop them (I have and it don't work), 2 change my number (for how long before it starts again)?

Could you please confirm to me that YOU DO NOT pass my telephone number on to these types of people, I don't want to change my number for you to only pass it on, I very rarely give my number on line, but I also tick the box to say don't use it!

What other service do you offer to stop this, yes I have caller display which doesn't help when you are doing something and have get up to look and see one of the numbers to know not to pick it up, as you may tell by now I'm sick of it!

So what can you offer for me to stay with you and stop this constant battering by these idiots calling from outside the UK, PLEASE help me and give us options!

Thanks in advance, looking forward to see what I can do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
McQueen
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nuisance calls

I would recommend the BT8500 which has blocked all nuisance calls for me, including the ones from abroad. 

All Replies
McQueen
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would recommend the BT8500 which has blocked all nuisance calls for me, including the ones from abroad. 

Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there a24udi, 

I'd really like to thank you for your post, and like to say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some problems with nuisance calls, I'd really like to help you out as much as possible. 

Whilst changing your number may help it is not certain, the reason for this is that there is only a limited amount of phone numbers available in each area, so when a number is no longer required it will go into a pot to be re-issued after a certain period of time. In some areas the number ranges available are very low. So when a "new" number is given to a customer, it has probably been used by someone else previously, and whilst it may have been out of action for some time, you may well still get some residue of marketing calls, as a company we do not sell on customer details. 

Unfortunately I'm unable to assist with the setting up of the CPR call blocker that you've purchased, however if you do a quick forum search, I'm sure you'll see many suggestions. 

We're able to offer a feature called Anonymous Call Reject, this feature costs £2.25 a month, however if you have any other features on your line, you can have two or more for £3.90 - Check out our range of Call features here. Anonymous Call Reject will block anyone who calls you from a withheld number, this however does not block "Unavailable" or international calls. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
a24udi
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply McQueen, will this feature work on the virgin media line please?

0 Kudos
a24udi
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply HUW,

Can I say as this will get even worse from what you are saying your company will only possibly have numbers in the pot that other may have thrown in due to this issue? if this is correct then Virgin medic telephone service could be in trouble in a few years time as your numbers could possibly be called and called and called as they have been given up already for this reason, I have the caller display and no point getting a call walk over to the phone to see one of those numbers, there is no point having the cold caller as the idiots have a local number but are in India, sorry don't mean to sound off here but I pay just under £120 a month for my service from VM and think it is poor that they don't offer a service already, I would hope to think you are looking into this big time and not just taking peoples money and saying hey ho tuff luck?????

I have seen another system called true call which I'm not sure about but is is £100 which I donnt think I should have to buy and as the voltage used on the VM line is not good from what I have read it may not work, my only other option could have to be going to BT for my telephone line??

Thanks again

0 Kudos
McQueen
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, works fine on my Virgin Media phone line.
0 Kudos
shrek5950
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am getting 5 calls a day

I am registered with TPS and sent many complaints to Ofcom and still I get the calls . I have asked Virgin what I can do to stop this and they cannot help

BT can Block calls but Virgin cannot ?

What can i do ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shrek5950

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the troub;e you're experiencing with these nuisance calls.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at what the team have been able to do so far, so I'm able to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pafranklin
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I must confess that with the technology currently available we should be able to simply log in to our Virgin Media account, enter the number to be blocked.

Having suffered 8 nuisance calls yesterday (half of them silent hang ups) and four this morning its just a tedious issue but a growing one/

Simple, efficient and a service I would willingly pay for if it became available

Any comment from Virgin Media?

Regards.

Paul

0 Kudos