Menu
lochaber
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance calls just after loging in

Can you please explain why within 30 minutes of logging into Virgin Media internet that I receive rubbish nuisance calls normally by someone with an Indian/Pakistan accent

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance calls just after loging in

Hi lochaber,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing unwanted sales/marketing calls from us. 

There is no system in place that notifies our sales department when you are online, so this would have been purely a coincidence. 

If you would like to stop these calls, you can do so by contacting our Customer Service team on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline/mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) and we'll be able to opt you out of these type of calls.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
lochaber
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance calls just after logging in

I am not receiving nuisance calls from Virgin Media, the calls are from other spam callers normally from India or Pakistan, because that's what their accents sound like.

My suspicion is that because if I call Virgin Media customer services (150) they are not UK based & again sound like they are within India or Pakistan, so without prejudice I would suggest that some of your customer services team are providing the spam callers with clients details.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lochaber,

Apologies for my misunderstanding of your post. Virgin Media take customer data protection very seriously as much as inaccurate accusations toward any of our staff, whether in the United Kingdom, Ireland, or countries off-shore.

I have passed this on to our management to look into this. If you have any further details or information that can help us with investigating this, we ask that you forward this to us. 

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
lochaber
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also can I ask as I am a UK customer why is it if I phone customer services (150) do I speak to someone in India or Pakistan? Surely I should only speak to someone within the UK.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lochaber,

No, that's not correct. We provide customer support from various centres around the UK and off-shore. 

When a customer phones us, the call will be put through to the next available agent for that department, no matter which location the agent is located. We have the same details and training, as well as processes and regulations, across all the centres.

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos
lochaber
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That maybe true but whenever I have phoned 150 I have only ever spoken to your off-shore people

0 Kudos
lochaber
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also I forgot mention that my phone number is ex-directory so no one should be able to phone me unless I have given them the number. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lochaber,

That would be because availability at the time you call is with the off-shore agents. I have other customers who ask me why they only ever speak with the Scottish or Welsh agents--it's purely down to the time of the day these calls are made and agent availability. 

Yes, this is correct, we do not publish ex-directory numbers. If you are receiving nuisance calls then there are other actions you can take to stop these, like contacting TPS or other call-blocking services. You can find more information on this here on this link.

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos
lochaber
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My phone number is already registered with the TPS

0 Kudos