Menu
Newbs2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance Calls:

I keep getting number of nuisance calls in succession which show up as 'Withheld', but are either silent (but you can hear noises in the background), or keep asking for names and hang up. How do I stop them calling.  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nuisance Calls:

Hi there. This is a problem we all have to face when it comes to telesales. What happens is these companies use auto dialers for the most of it, which dial a block of numbers until they get a hit Smiley Sad What we did was to go onto amazon and buy a little gadget called "Call Blocker" this attaches to your phone line and when a nasty call comes in you just hit a button and the wee nasty gets blocked for all time 😉
...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi whyowhyowhy,

Anonymous Caller Rejection is a feature that we can add on to the package for additional £2.70 per month.

Here's some useful information regarding this feature: -

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there. This is a problem we all have to face when it comes to telesales. What happens is these companies use auto dialers for the most of it, which dial a block of numbers until they get a hit Smiley Sad What we did was to go onto amazon and buy a little gadget called "Call Blocker" this attaches to your phone line and when a nasty call comes in you just hit a button and the wee nasty gets blocked for all time 😉
...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am curious about this - how does a call blocker work if the number is withheld?  Does it then block all number withheld numbers?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Newbs2,

Really sorry to hear about the nuisance calls you've been receiving. Smiley Sad These can certainly be very annoying.

We have some useful information online regarding how to stop unwanted calls.

Alternatively, you can call the team to get your number changed.

You can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi whyowhyowhy,

Anonymous Caller Rejection is a feature that we can add on to the package for additional £2.70 per month.

Here's some useful information regarding this feature: -

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Robcole2017
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ever since joining virginmedia last September, from the day of install when I had a 1-6pm slot the engineer didn't turn up until 7. I've had 2 broadband outages one taking a week to repair & constant nuisance phone calls. I'm currently on my 2nd number & I've had 3 silent calls today & then at 21.50 I had a call from someone claiming to be from the "call prevention service " which I read online is a scam. I've signed up to anonymous caller reject that only works on uk numbers which hasn't helped at all. A senior manager I think called Euan suggested I just unplug the phone! I'm at my wits end & ill be leaving virginmedia at the earliest possible time. Their customer service is the worst I've experienced & that's coming from an ex talk talk customer as I'm writing this my broadband has stopped again
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Robcole2017

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you've been experiencing in receiving these nuisance calls recently.

After signing up to the TPS and adding features like annonymous caller reject, changing your number is a great last resort to minimise these calls as much as possible. As you're still experiencing them I'd recommend giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so we can discuss getting your telephone number changed. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos