Menu
gb1946
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance Calls

I have been inundated with a particular nuisance call for over a month now. The phone rings 4 times and then stops. If we answer the call there is no-one there. We have got the number from 1471 but if we dial it there is just a funny electronic sound there. The number is 2632480. These calls come in  every hour all through the day and night. We have had to unplug the phone at night so we can at least get some sleep. This week the calls stopped for 2 days but are back again today, now we get 2 calls, it rings once and then rings again 2 minutes later, then does it all over again in an hour. 

I have called Virgin twice and registered a complaint with Ofcom, but nobody seems bothered about doing anything. I cannot believe in this day and age that these calls cannot be monitored or traced. I am seriously considering changing my phone provider as I am sure these calls are linked to Virgin.

If BT can block certain calls why is Virgin saying they cannot stop them when they are coming from just one phone number.

Virgin must be able to monitor the amount of incoming calls on my line, I very rarely get calls from anyone else. I am registered with TPS and am very careful who I give my phone number to. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nuisance Calls

Hi gb1946

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with these nuisance calls at the moment.

The number seems to have been removed by mistake so apologies for that, as for how to stop the calls there's some good information [on this page].

As an ultimate last resort, there's also the option of changing your telephone number which usually stops these types of calls. Apologies again for the inconvenience they must be causing.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
gb1946
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could you explain why you have deleted the phone number that is ringing me every hour of the day, I was interested to find out if anyone else is having the same call. Is this likely to be a Virgin number?. Could this number be programmed into my line somehow by Virgin (by mistake of course).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gb1946

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with these nuisance calls at the moment.

The number seems to have been removed by mistake so apologies for that, as for how to stop the calls there's some good information [on this page].

As an ultimate last resort, there's also the option of changing your telephone number which usually stops these types of calls. Apologies again for the inconvenience they must be causing.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gb1946
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I am just in the process of being allocated a new number by Virgin so just hope that puts an end to all these calls.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi gb1946,

I can understand how much of a nightmare nuisance calls can be, I've had to change my number in the past too!

Keep us up to date on the number change and give me a shout if you get any more problems.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nhm
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I too have been inundated by such calls and have only had the problem since I left BT. I have complained to Virgin but they refuse to accept responsibility and have said there is nothing they can do about blocking incoming calls. As soon as my contract is up I am switching back to BT. Would not recommend Virgin to anyone.

0 Kudos