Menu
Jqq
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not informed of delayed install!!!

Today was my installation date, I've joined from sky so arranged the dates to start/end today. We were due to get tv, broadband and phoneline. I had requested when I purchased the bundle to keep my landline number.

Technician came today to install tv and broadband... but not the phoneline!!! We were only informed today that there is a capacity issue for phone lines in my area and I would have to wait until next month for a space!

Contacted virgin customer service to query and they informed me again that it would be a month until they can do the phone. But my sky phoneline is being switched off today! What would happen to my landline number? How would it be ported over without the line being active? So I had to call sky customer service and try to keep it active for another month, which they informed me they could not do without another year subscription with them and even then they could not guarantee.

Because virgin did not inform me of this delay prior to this morning it is now too late to save my old landline number, a number we have had for over 30 years!

It is such a shame and an inconvenience to now have to inform all of our friends and family that our number will change... next month!

Very displeased at the lack of communication regarding this delay, had I known sooner that the line would not be transferred today, sky could have held the number for me until virgin would actually begin the porting process and line change.

Not the best start for a new customer.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not informed of delayed install!!!

Capacity issues usually result in a new customer having to wait until another customer leaves Virgin & vacates a line in the cabinet. As you have been given a timescale the most likely explanation is that spare lines in the cabinet have been found faulty, requiring part of the network to be re-cabled. A lot of these runs go from one cabinet to the next so it can be a lengthy job.

There are still a few companies (eg Post Office) that offer a one month rolling contract for telephone services. You could opt to use one of these for the interim period. But the best advice when moving to VM is to overlap services as this then allows for any network or construction issues to be dealt with without loss of services.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not informed of delayed install!!!

Hi Jqq

I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your phone line installation. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this and can see that the issue has been worked by our capacity planning team and a new installation date has been set, which you've mentioned in your initial message.

I'm so sorry we're not able to get this installed sooner, I'd really love to be able to help but the team are getting this installed at the soonest possible appointment at the moment. 

We'd love to hear how installation goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos