Menu
johnmcc3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not having a very good time

So I'm having a pretty bad time with virgin at the moment, my home phone hasn't worked for quite  few months, as well as my phone problems when I talked to them through web chat to tell them about it i asked about the v6 box, I'm out of contract and thought i could get a reasonable deal. They offered me more than I'm currently paying a month and a £99set up fee with obviously didn't go down well i said i just wanted to cancel everything and they offered to phone me to talk about it. So they called and eventually offered to make sure an engineer came out to fix my phone and put me on the full house bundle for £56 a month for 12 months and £65 for the box and install, i thought this was ok but by no means great as new customers could get it for 55 a month with a 14.99 set up fee and a £100 voucher, but i agreed to it anyway.

I have just received an e-mail for a new contract though and it says my new monthly bill will be £66 a month, also the engineer has been out and has found the problem (at some point it was disconnected by someone at the box down the road) and has said it would be fixed but still days latter hasn't. 

Overall I'm not too impressed, I'm still well within the 14 days to cancel so think I'm going to do that and then just leave virgin and go with sky q but was wondering if there was any point phoning them again? Any advice would be welcome

0 Kudos
Talkingdrum
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not having a very good time

I'd jump ship if was you before tying yourself with a new contract. I've been with Virgin for years and their customer service used to be pretty good now it's shocking. My phone has been down a couple of months and they are talking about fixing it in Feb. Never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. I'm going to BT myself. I would never sign another contract with these jokers. If your service goes down you could be without for months and they just don't seem to care.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not having a very good time

Really sorry to hear about the issues experienced johnmcc3,

I can see that you've spoken with the team since posting to discuss things further and that an engineer appointment has been arranged to resolve the telephone fault experienced.

Let me know if there is anything more that I can help with.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos