Menu
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not been given same virgin number after moving house

When we moved house we were told we would keep the same virgin number (but different STD code), however, now that the phone socket has been installed, we appear to have a completely different number and the installation engineer said it was nothing to do with him
Not impressed!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not been given same virgin number after moving house

I really don't see him they could promise that, the number with that code could and probably does belong to someone else

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi zenrin,

I am very sorry to hear that you now have a different telephone number since moving.

The best way for us to investigate this further for you would be to give the team a call on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

zenrin wrote:

When we moved house we were told we would keep the same virgin number (but different STD code), however, now that the phone socket has been installed, we appear to have a completely different number and the installation engineer said it was nothing to do with him
Not impressed!

Its not possible to do this unless you keep the same STD code, which you can only do with internet based VoIP services. Each telephone STD code area has its numbers allocated in blocks to different telephone companies by OFCOM. All the areas have different allocations, so while you have a Virgin allocated number in one area, the same number will most likely be allocated to another company (BT, Sky etc) in others.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J

Many thanks for your reply, however, I don't want to spend ½hour each time on the phone to 150 trying to explain the situation to someone who I can't understand

It's not really about not being able to use the same number, it's the continual mistakes made by virginmedia that unfortunately make it an expected occurrence that something will go wrong!

If, when we originally asked about keeping the phone number with a new STD code, we had been told that this wasn't an available option, that would have been fine. However, we were told that we could - never over promise and under deliver!

We had several phone conversations regarding our contract being different to the original agreement every time we had cause to contact virginmedia, each time having to go through the whole saga again and again

It's our choice to stay with virginmedia as the product seems to be the best available at the moment, it's just a shame that the systems involved and the inability to get things right make the whole package less than acceptable, however, we'll stay with virginmedia for the time being, with the completely new number

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi zenrin

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing, it's certainly not the service we want for you.

We try hard to keep our service to a level we're happy with and this sounds like we've missed that opportunity, for that I apologise and can assure you I'll be feeding your experience back to the agents you've recently spoken with.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zenrin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D

Unfortunately no point, complained several times over the last decade or so, and still the systems are so non-customer focused and do not "get" what is important to the customer - end point delivery

Have a good day

0 Kudos