Menu
Highlighted
adhawkins
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Noisy phone line

Hi,

Our phone line has become very noisy. This happened around the same time last year when the weather started to get warmer. When it happened last time, a fault was discovered in the cabinet, and resolved without requiring a visit to our property.

Can someone please arrange an engineer to investigate? I've run a test via 'My Virgin Media', and predictably it hasn't found a problem.

I can obviously provide further account details if required.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy phone line

Hi adhawkins

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, I've taken a closer look at this to run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. 

Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
adhawkins
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, we have an old handset that we've tried in place of the existing one. It has the same issue.

Like I said, the last time we had this issue, an examination of equipment in the cabinet showed a fault there, and it was repaired without requiring an engineer visit to our home. The line is just very crackly, to the point that it's almost impossible to make calls at the moment.

Can someone please investigate the cabinet initially?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

HI adhawkins

Thanks for the response and apologies again for the inconvenience caused. 

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? A line survey will be carried out prior to them visiting so if the issue is with the cabinet again, they'll let you know.

I've sent you information regarding a visit in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok Andy 

Thanks for getting back to me again so quickly, I'm glad to hear the appointment should be fine. If anything changes, you know where to find us to rearrange the appointmentMan Happy.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
adhawkins
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just an extra bit of information if it helps. This morning (when it was noticeably cooler than it has been for the last few days) the phone line sounded fine. I'll try to remember to check on it later to see if it really is temperature related.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi adhawkins

Thanks for the update, mention the temperature to the attending engineer and they'll look for a potential cause relating to that, either way we'll be looking to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
adhawkins
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

As expected, when I returned home yesterday evening, the fault was still present. Hopefully when the engineer visits, the problem can be resolved.

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for the update adhawkins

We'd love to hear how it goes tomorrow and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos
adhawkins
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Predictably, with the cooler weather over the last few days, the phone line has been fine. It was Ok this morning also.

Hopefully the Engineer will be able to find something that might account for the problem when they turn up this afternoon.

Andy

0 Kudos