Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 13 (175 Views)

No service

Installation on Thursday 9th March. No phone service since then. How can I contact Virgin when I dont have a land line and there is a charge on mobile call.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13 (142 Views)

Re: No service

Hi ak1441

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and the installation engineer hasn't reported any known issues with the line and we're seeing it in an active state. After testing the line, we're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a faults engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13 (130 Views)

Thanks for coming back to us about this ak1441,

I'm really very sorry to hear about all of the bother experienced post-installation.

I can see that Craig has booked you in for the earliest availability via our system quota at the moment.

I will, however, escalate this over to the area field manager to see if there is anything that they can do to bring this forward for you.

I'll be sure to monitor this and get back to you as soon as I receive a response.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 13 (123 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just to let you know that Thursday 16th , no one is available at home. Kindly leave that day.

I am giving you mobile number of my wife, just in case if you want to do the job before 6 pm any day, I wont be around but she would be.

Sabeena  

Thanks

Dr Arshad Khan

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13 (111 Views)

Hello ak1441,

I just need to check this appointment with you so I'm going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 13 (94 Views)

continual problems

Since Installation on 9th March I am experiencing problem after problem. The man who does the installation has connected the main phone near the enterence door instead of the living room causing problem to reach to the phone on time. With previous supplier we had phone in the living room. Secondly the speed of the broadband is  certainly not  200 mb. It is much slower then sky and the signals dont reach upstairs . It seems we are back in 1990. Seriously thinking of switching back to sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13 (90 Views)

Re: continual problems

Hi ak1441

I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing, the engineers will usually locate your socket where you ask, where you there for the appointment or did you leave a friend or family member? 

I can request for an additional engineer to come and relocate your socket although that would have to be a charged visit as your service is working. The charge for that call out is £99. 

Alternatively, you could look into a wireless telephone? Only suggesting that as I have a similar situation at home and we use them to save running to the hallway each timeMan Happy

Hope this helps

Craig

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 13 (84 Views)

Thanks Craig for your " valuable suggestions". Unfortunately these suggestions will not please any customer.

I have just spoken to the Virgin media over phone and have cancelled my subscription.

For me living without phone and with a broadband claiming to be 200 mb which could hardly cover a selected area of the whole house is like living in dark ages.

Thanks for your help.

Arshad Khan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13 (80 Views)

Hi there ak1441,

I'm very sorry to hear all of this. Smiley Sad

Please let me know if there is anything more that I can help with.

In no way did we intend to lose your custom.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 13 (76 Views)

Hi Nat,

I am afraid you could do a lot before losing a customer. Even today I asked for engineers to be send early and quickly to rectify the problem but when i came to know that firstly there is no early slot ( no sooner then 1st april ) and secondly he will charge £99 for additional phone socket, I decided that is enough.

In today's competitve world, customer service is the prime thing and I am sorry to say I couldn't find from Virgin media.

0 Kudos