Menu
RunVikkiRun
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No phoneline and first bill is DOUBLE expected

Hi,

We had Virgin Media package installed on 19th September on your special deal package of £20/month plus £17.99/month rental.

The installation went well, and we had the TV and Broadband up and running immediately. Sadly we still have no landline. :-(

Firstly, can anyone tell me when we will finally be connected to our landline telephone? It is pretty inconvenient as I am unable to work from home without it due to poor mobile signal in my area. This means I am missing important work calls. 

Secondly (although I'm not sure if it can be dealt with here) I have just been e-mailed our first Virgin Media bill and was a bit taken aback to find it to be for £141.35!
I understand that it is two month's worth of billing and that it includes the £14.99 set up fee, but the contract I agreed to was at a total cost of £37.99 (i.e. £20 package plus £17.99 rental) so I was anticipating my first bill to be almost half of the amount you are demanding!

Can anyone shed light on these two issues please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No phoneline and first bill is DOUBLE expected

Good answer Craig, but what about the charges, you've looked at the customer account, a pm to them would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RunVikkiRun
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks J0hn.
I was a bit uncertain as to whether the second issue was relevant in the 'Phone' Forum but, you are right. A little acknowledgment of the bill problem would be welcome.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RunVikkiRun

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've located your account and can see that there are capacity issues in your local area at the moment, as soon as there's availability for a line a member of the team will be in touch to discuss getting it set up.

I'm really sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to putting this right.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good answer Craig, but what about the charges, you've looked at the customer account, a pm to them would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RunVikkiRun
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks J0hn.
I was a bit uncertain as to whether the second issue was relevant in the 'Phone' Forum but, you are right. A little acknowledgment of the bill problem would be welcome.
0 Kudos
RunVikkiRun
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig.
Any assistance forthcoming regarding my bill?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RunVikkiRun

Apologies for not acknowledging the other issue you had raised, it wasn't my intention at all.

As with all billing issues, I'd need to recommend you give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line, or 0345 454 1111 from any other line so we can clear security to discuss this with you fully.

Sorry I couldn't be as helpful as I would've liked.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos