Menu
Sinteliner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No phone tone

My phone was switched off while we went on holiday, when we returned and switched the electricity back on, the phone lights up and bleeps and we can enter numbers, but no tones, I have tried the connection through the virgin website and it says no problems, I have tried the phone in my neighbours house, and It works, but when I took it back home, no tones, any ideas?? 🤔🤔
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No phone tone

Hi Sinteliner

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

I've located your account to take a closer look at this, we're detecting some errors with the line from our end and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It could be that an engineer working at the street cabinet has accidentally unplugged your connection thinking it was unused.

You can either wait here for a Forum Team member to pick this thread up but that can take several days ... or you can phone VM and I would suggest avoiding the offshore callcentre and deal with the UK based Retentions team instead ... 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  This team can deal with much more than just retentions.   Good luck.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sinteliner

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

I've located your account to take a closer look at this, we're detecting some errors with the line from our end and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sinteliner
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Send the engineer as soon as possible please
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sinteliner

I've sent you information about the appointment I've booked in a private message.

Speak soon

Craig

Sinteliner
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How do I send you my mobile number without showing up on here
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Sinteliner

The messages I'm sending are private, this part of the conversation is public. Go to your inbox and the last message from me, then click the reply button on the bottom right of that message to respond privately.

We'll talk soon

Craig

Sinteliner
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you make the engineer visit in the afternoon on Monday
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sinteliner,

Just to let you know I have replied to your message privately so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Sinteliner
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know, Engineer came out and fixed the problem, but we need a rewire, am I entitled to a refund on my bill?
0 Kudos