Menu
Highlighted
paperman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No phone service

I have been without a landline since Friday PM. The display on my phone said " Check phone line". I did, and it was dead.

I looked on the status page and it said there were no known issues. I ran the test which gave  a result saying that all was well. I tried the live chat. A waste of time as there was no live person to help. I have tried another phone in the socket and it does not work.

The next time I looked at the staus page it said there was an issue and that an engineer is on the way and would fix it. A fix time of Saturday at 22.15 was quoted.

22.15 came and went and the only thing that happened was that the status page message was changed and now the engineers had fixed the fault and were just doing there final checks.

This morning I find that the staus page has been changed to say there is no known fault The only difference to the phone is that the "check phone line"  has gone and that I can here white noise instead of a dial tone.

Any ideas as to how I get get this resolved quickly would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone service

Hi paperman,

Thanks for posting.

I can see that a technician has now been booked so please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paperman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rose_B

We can do nothing other wait now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We'd love to hear how it goes paperman and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paperman
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone now working again. Fault traced to a cabinet half a mile away and fixed by a very efficient technician.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperman

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm really glad to hear that the phone is working as it should.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos