Menu
Andi2002
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No phone service since August 2017

I moved the house on 24th July and took Virgin Media phone and internet with me. The cable was installed on 24th and services connected on 27th of July, everything worked at that time. At the beginning of August phone line started to make cracking sound and at the beginning of September went dead. I was busy with settling in my new house and didn't have time to call Virgin until the beginning of October. An engineer came on 13th October and after investigation reported a problem in the main junction box on the street. Next day another engineer came and after lengthy investigation and by cutting phone cable in our front garden found the cable damaged somewhere on the street and blamed cable installers who pulled the cable and damaged phone wire. He promised that the third party company will come and change the cable. I did wait for a month and contacted Virgin Media at the beginning of November. Virgin Media operator sent third engineer to come on 23rd November and look again at the cable. This engineer give me the date (6th of December) when outside company will come and install a new cable. You guess what, no one came and I am still paying for phone services. What should I do to make Virgin Media fix my phone line?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No phone service since August 2017

Hi Andi2002

Thanks for sending us that information, I'm so sorry again for the inconvenience you've experienced with this issue.

I've sent you information regarding when to expect the external team to resolve those issues in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andi2002

Thanks for joining us on the community and for posting about your landline with us.

I am sorry to hear that this has been affecting you for such a while Smiley Sad

I'd like to see what we can do to resolve this for you.

If you can pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name
  • The full address
  • If you are the account holder
  • Your preferred contact number

I'll be able to look into this for you and hope to get this issue resolved for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Andi2002

Thanks for sending us that information, I'm so sorry again for the inconvenience you've experienced with this issue.

I've sent you information regarding when to expect the external team to resolve those issues in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Andy

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, I'll keep an eye on your account from our end and I'd love to hear how that goes.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos