Menu
Matt-the-mic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No phone line

Hi,

I live in Egham and I have both broadband and phone, broadband is A ok and works great.  The phone has no dial tone at all?  The self check online tools say its fine so I am puzzled ?

Help,

Matt

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No phone line

Hi Matt

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line, thanks for letting us know about the handset too.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this if you're available, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
jayceedove
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I just posted the exact same thing in Cheshire.

Been down all day so far and everything else fine.

Hopefully one of us will get some help. If I do I will post in your thread.

0 Kudos
jayceedove
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The service status page on here was just updated to say there is a local fault and engineers are investigating and hope to fix by 21.10 today.

So perhaps you should check that page for your area as it was not there until very recently and the check on here was telling us no known faults and all was okay long before that message appeared when we knew it wasn't.

Hopefully your issue is identified and being fixed too.

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

According to the service status page, there is a known fault in the 0161 area.  I get this:

Service may not be working at the moment.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Fix estimate 11   November 09:00

When I looked a few minutes ago it said 00:00 (midnight). Man Sad

Broadband also has a fault on it as does TV; it's a bit slow but it does work:

*edited so the link opens in a new tab/page

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you have no dial tone. 

I have been into the account this evening and tests are coming back as inconclusive. There's no obvious fault that I can see so we'll need you to check things for us before we go any further. 

Have you got another handset that you could plug in and see if this changes things? 

If not try plugging your handset in to another phone line that does work. Do you hear the dial tone at this point? 

Come back and let me know how this goes and we can then progress further with this fault Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone here is now OK in 0161 area since 9.00AM. Man Very Happy

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Matt-the-mic
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have borrowed a phone from work and I still have no phone line.  I have also found out that the phone has not been used for around 8 weeks so could the exchange of dropped us of the network?  There is also damage to the grey telephone cable box not far from my house, doors are off and cables exposed.

Any more advice?

Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Matt

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line, thanks for letting us know about the handset too.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this if you're available, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Matt-the-mic
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi every one,

We are a few months on now and we have lost our phone line again!  This is the third time since we have been with Virgin whisk is around 2 years, why do we keeping getting it cut off?

Also why do have to be home for your engineers to fix it, every time so far it's been external to our house and could of been fixed remotely without the wait for engineer.

Help,

Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi MAtt

I'm very sorry for the continued problems with your telephone service, it's certainly not our intention.

I've taken a look and we're not detecting any obvious issues, I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look at resolving this permanently if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos