Menu
photomass
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No phone line or not?

I have recently lost my phone line. the phone has a message in its window saying 'No Line'. On using the online service for Virgin Media it ran the test and says there is no fault, but when I phoned for assistance the recorded message was that there was a technical problem that Vigin's technicians were dealing with a particularly difficult fault. Which advice is correct?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line or not?

Hi there photomass, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working as it should at the moment. 

I've run some testing on our side, and can see no reason why you should be having this issue. I've also looked at past network faults, and can't see anything listed for the phone service in your area in the last 7 days. 

I'd have to ask if you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault, either by trying another phone on the line, or by plugging your phone in a known working line. I ask this as the next step would be to book a technician to call out and investigate further for you.

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving on this, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there photomass, 

Just wondering if you were able to see the private message I sent to you last night, as I've not yet had a reply. 

If you've been able to eliminate your equipment, and would like for me to arrange a technician then please let me know. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
photomass
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

Apologies for the delayed response. All has been fixed by a Virgin technician. Very good service and I have given feedback online. The fault was on the outside line which had corroded through!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there photomass, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one, so glad to hear that it's all working for you now, and apologies once more for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos