Menu
jamesfairhurst7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No phone line no discount

I received a call from the retention team to say they could upgrade my current Broadband only deal to also include TV and phone line for £3 less than what I was paying monthly.. ok.. what's the catch

None it seemed according to the receipt i received - virgin rec.JPG

Fast forward a few weeks - TV and internet speed adjusted (had to phone up because the change wasn't automatic). Phone line NOT installed because of an issue with the line. Engineer advised a new installation date would be scheduled in.

Ok, now for my bill -  new bill.JPG £185.93!!!!!

The discount hadn't been applied.. so I rang around the 'teams' to finally be told my discount wasn't applied because all 3 services were not active. I spent 40mins on the phone to be told the best they could do was arrange a new date for phone line installation

My question - How is it my fault that a service and price I was promised is not fulfilled? At no point did I agree to pay £91.96 for my package I agreed to pay £30 as stated in the receipt

My next concern is that when the 'Engineer' arrives to install the phone line AGAIN there will be another problem AGAIN. and I will have to pay the premium price for the services that I didn't agree too

Am I missing something or should I take this to Ofcom?

0 Kudos
jamesfairhurst7
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line no discount

bump

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line no discount

Hi jamesfairhurst7,

Many thanks for your post and apologies for any inconvenience caused with this.

I've located your account and can see an arranged engineer appointment.

Hopefully, this has all been sorted for you since posting.

Let us know if this is not the case,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos