Menu
Waqas-k
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No phone line 2 months after signing up

It has been 2 months since my broadband got installed but my phone line has still not been installed when the both should have been done at the same time. As my old home telephone number is supposed to come across to virgin I am paying for both virgin and and my old provider untill virgin takeover my phone line. All I am being told is there is a capacity issue and there is no fix date they can give me for when my phone line will be installed.
0 Kudos
dave45
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line 2 months after signing up

It took Virgin 5 months to connect me up (costing me 30-odd quid a month to the old supplier).

They discounted my package by a fiver a month.

net loss 25 quid-odd per month.

Then once installed added 19 quid a month to the package.  Odd that. fiver vs 19 quid.

AND they charge 21p per call plus 12 p per minute.

It will take you an hour on their customer disservice line (Bangalore India) to "request a refund" for the overcharges - they can't deal with it, refuse to ring you back and you have to stay on the line while they fill in a form. Amazing.

1) they are incompetent

2) you are better off without this "service"

3) their call charges are utterly ridiculous.  Probably cheaper to use your mobile for outgoing calls

4) Research DIY SIP lines and cancel virgin phone quick.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line 2 months after signing up

Hi Waqas-k

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your service recently.

I've checked your account and can see our network teams have been alerted and as soon as there's capacity for your service a member of the team will be in touch to discuss getting this installed. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos