Menu
Jill19
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No phone for weeks

It is well over a month I have been without my phone.   On 2 occasions the engineer has not turned up.   I can't seem to be able to get hold of anyone to talk to who has not let me down.  I was offered for my calls to be redirected to my mobile but that never happened and the 'compensation' offered was that I would not be charged for the time I had no phone.   Am I just unlucky or does Virgin Media have no respect for their customers?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone for weeks

Hi Jill19

Sorry to learn about the continued problems with your line, I've had a look at your account and can see you've spoken to a member of the team yesterday to discuss some of the specifics regarding the resolution of the issues. 

I can see that a team have been requested to rerun the line, I'd love to hear how that goes. We really want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jill19
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So disappointed with Virgin Media.   I spoke to nobody yesterday but when I called this morning I was assured the Area Manager would call me - still waiting! I am sure if I was a new customer wanting to sign up I would be dealt with much more quickly.    When I spoke to someone in early December I told them I have an elderly mother of 97 years who lives alone 10 minutes away and I am her first point of contact.   Although I am in touch with her daily I am obviously worried if she is taken ill suddenly that she would most likely not get through to me.   I am also a shift leader for Samaritans and desperately need my phone as I have had to say I can't do it at the moment and this time of year is not good for a lot of people.

Will seriously have to think about contacting BT about getting connected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jill19

I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing, I can see that the engineers in your area have been contacted, I've also sent an email over today for you, to get as much information as we can for you.

As soon as I hear back, I'll be in touch to let you know. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, it's really not something we want for you and I'll be doing everything I can to help to get this sorted.

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jill

I've been able to speak with a member of the team in your area regarding this, there are a few resource issues occurring at the moment, which in turn is causing us problems with the work load. 

I'd like to escalate this and arrange for another appointment as soon as possible, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Jill19
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow, yet again I waited in all afternoon yesterday and am still waiting!  Words fail me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jill19

I'm so sorry to learn about the continued problems with your phone line, I've been able to contact the engineering team in your area regarding this issue and escalate the matter. 

I've sent you a private message with information regarding an appointment, I'm so sorry to ask about arranging another appointment considering the situation although it's what's needed in order to get your phone line up and running, I'll be doing everything I can to ensure the appointment is kept.

Again I'm massively sorry for the situation, we'll talk soon

Craig 

0 Kudos
Jill19
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have had to accept another appointment next Thursday.   It is now well over a month that I have been without a phone.   Three no`shows by engineers which have involved cancelling other appointments and sitting in waiting for half a day each time.   I can't believe how cavalier Virgin Media are.  I wish I had never joined them.   Then the Complaints Dept rang me on my mobile (I have very little reception at home on it) and it bounced to voicemail and the woman said "I see you have had to book another appointment to get your problem fixed".   No, I didn't, the problem was that Virgin, yet again, never turned up.   I have a formal complain lodged through a third party as I cannot find a way of complaining to anyone in this country who can do anything about it.    What a joke they are.  I will certainly make sure that everyone I speak to knows just what a rubbish company they are.   We have to always fit in with them.   No customer care at all.   If they don't have enough engineers they should stop signing people up until they do and can give a proper service.

0 Kudos