Menu
Kurt42
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No phone connection

My phone is not working at all. Are there known problems in the Bournemouth BH1 3BZ area?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone connection

Hi there Kurt42, 

Welcome back to the forums, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your phone line, I've done some checks and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this fault at the moment. 

We are not aware of any local issues, and when the tests completed I was unable to detect any abnormalities on the line, so we will need to investigate this as an individual fault. 

I'd like to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, or try your phone in a known working line, just to eliminate the phone being at fault. I ask this as the next step would be to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things arranged once you've been able to confirm that the phone has been eliminated. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Kurt42
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I made an appointment for an engineer to call on Monday, but it was cancelled via an SMS. However, I still have the problem and now will have to wait until next Wednesday for an engineer. Almost a week without a phone!

Surely appointments should not be cancelled until it is agreed that any problem is fixed.

I am reasonably certain that an engineer disconnected my line on Thursday. There was one looking for the connection boxes a few hours before I discovered a fault with my line.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Kurt42
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When the engineer arrived it was fixed in a trice! It is a pity that he did not come on the original appointment which was cancelled with no reference to me to find out if the problem was really fixed (which would have been a miracle as the problems involved TV and not telephone!).

Kurt

0 Kudos