Menu
SJR_360
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No phone and Internet SLOOOOW after engineer was in box earlier

So an engineer was down the road earlier. Now I have no dialling tone and my 150 mbps Internet is running at 10 Mbps at best! And this is after them working on the cabinet for a whole day a couple of weeks back.
After 6 mins listening to endless menu options I finally get into a queue to speak to a human before being cut off 11 minutes later.
I can't even book an engineer appointment online as it says it can't arrange them at the moment.
"Home visit appointments
We can't take bookings online right now. We can still offer appointments over the phone. Please call us."
After going via billing, who naturally couldnt do anything other than make a note and put me back in a queue for tech, another 14 minutes passed before i had to ralay the whole story again. And naturally, they could only deal with the phone issue and wanted to put me into another queue for tech!!! Total time tonight so far trying to sort this out is now over an hour.
Tell me again why I am with Virgin?!

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone & Internet SLOOOOW after engineer was in box earlier

Hi there SJR_360,

Really sorry to hear about this. Smiley Sad

I've located your account and can see that an engineer appointment has now been arranged for you.

Please let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SJR_360
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

The engineer is only booked to investigate the phone fault. To sort out my poor and very inconsistent broadband speed I was told I'd have to ring again and speak to someone else which I'm not prepared to do after wasting so much time trying to get through already. I'm hoping I can speak to the engineer about it when he comes, unless you can do something abut it for me?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SJR_360,

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I've had a look at the equipment and there does appear to be a high demand for our service in your area under the fault ticket of F004031061 with a review set for 11/01/17. This is known to cause slower speeds during peak times.

I've passed this information on to another team to monitor in conjunction with your account.

I've also sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more.

Speak soon,

Nat.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know