Menu
PG2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No new phone installation available in cabinet

New customer as of 07/12/15

After having TV's & broadband set up, the engineer set off to install phone line in their cabinet. On returning I was informed there was no spare capacity. The result, no phone line.

Spoke to Virgin today and was advised there is nothing they can do until one becomes available, could be tomorrow, could be months!!!

So, they cancelled my phone line with Sky prior to finding out whether they had the capacity.

Has this happened to anyone else, any advice guys?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No new phone installation available in cabinet

Hi PG2

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry that there is no capacity for a new phone line in your local cabinet. 

I'd really like to take a closer look at this from our end, to allow me to do so can I ask you to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulcooper1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your not alone !!!!!

i moved house after being a Vm customer for over ten years .despite all the promises i ended up with the wrong phone number ( i needed to keep my old number for my business ) an engineer came out disconnected the phone line and said that i couldnt have a phone line as there was no capacity !!! Nobody could give me a time scale on when Vm could get me a phone line ..so now its 4 weeks since ive had any landline and bt cant install a phone line for another 3 weeks ..thanks virgin ...can i come round to your house for tea ? As ime gonna be starving with no wages to feed me ..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As with the OP, the only option is to wait, as with the way the network was originally built, telephone capacity cannot be expanded without considerable upheaval & expense. The new build areas (like the Leicestershire Villages) dont even have a phone service, just a fibre cable to the front door for TV/Broadband. The sooner VM introduce IP phone services like the one VM Ireland has, the better.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos