Menu
pipnat
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No landline

Virgin engineers have been at our neighbour's propertytoday and since then our landline isn't working. Online Test shows no problem with either the line or in the area but my handset has a message to check the line and I have no dial tone. Cannot make or receive calls. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No landline

Hi Pipnat

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me pipnat

I'm glad to hear you've just booked an appointment and I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pipnat
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer called Saturday & advised that all the wires in the street box were badly corroded, affecting a number of households in the street. This was a known fault and repairs should have been carried out on the previous Thursday but the engineers hadn't turned up. They came on the Monday, wires have now been replaced and telephone is working. 

0 Kudos