Menu
Ninny
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No landline since joining Virgin, what about compensation

I was informed that my connection for Virgin was okay. Self installed TV and Broadband. Phone line didn't work. Technician came out said needed new cable and only slot was 17th January. Then when he had left I realised he had disconnected Broadband and TV. After days on phone and passed from department to department, with promised visits not kept, I have finally got TV and Broadband back on. No phone for another month. My question is how will I be compensated for this debacle of a service and have you any tips on how I get through to the right team without being passed around?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No landline since joining Virgin, what about compensation

Hi Ninny,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you have had difficulties with your service and getting the issue with your landline fixed.

I can see that there is a delay in getting the line fixed due to a damaged cable needing to be replaced and the earliest date this work can commence is the date in January that's been booked in already. Normally, once the service has been restored, you can contact Customer Services to discuss compensation for all the days the line has been down.

If you need to get in touch with us and require an immediate response, you can contact us on is 150 (Free from any Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) taking the option 1, entering your telephone number or account number, then take option 2 for Faults. You can also contact us via WebChat on Contact Us. Otherwise, the Forum Team are happy to help, but it may be a few days before we are able to respond to your post.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ninny,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you have had difficulties with your service and getting the issue with your landline fixed.

I can see that there is a delay in getting the line fixed due to a damaged cable needing to be replaced and the earliest date this work can commence is the date in January that's been booked in already. Normally, once the service has been restored, you can contact Customer Services to discuss compensation for all the days the line has been down.

If you need to get in touch with us and require an immediate response, you can contact us on is 150 (Free from any Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) taking the option 1, entering your telephone number or account number, then take option 2 for Faults. You can also contact us via WebChat on Contact Us. Otherwise, the Forum Team are happy to help, but it may be a few days before we are able to respond to your post.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Vanessaelh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I got no cable since I moved in February too .after manny phone calls and complained still no cable laid I want a refund for all these months
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vanessaelh

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment, I just wanted to let you know that I've responded to the thread you created regarding this issue, which you can view by [clicking here].

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ninny
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with that Vanessa I was offered £10 for having no phone or internet over 2 mths which included Xmas and New Year!  The irony is that when I complained that this was a ridiculous compensation I got NOTHING!!!

Vanessaelh
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If that happens to me I go somewhere else as I pay 72 pounds already is more than enough been for 6 years with them and found better deals
0 Kudos