Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (67 Views)

No landline and I can't take time off for an engineer.

I am in London, area 03.  I have had no landline since Saturday morning.  I have just spoke to the help desk who say i need to be at home for an engineer to attend.  Having read some of the other recent posts, and the associated horror stories of engineers not truning up,  I don't really think I can bother.

Virgin media, normally I have great service from you, but trying to get anyone to take the issue seriously seems fraught with poor communication.  Just tell me if there is or there is not a problem and when it will be fixed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 5 (54 Views)

Re: No landline and I can't take time off for an engineer.

[ Edited ]

VM cant tell you without attending your property, as correct troubleshooting is to work from the Master Socket backwards.

Yes, there are missed appointments reported here, but this is a Forum for reporting problems & you wont hear about the 99.9% (or whatever) of appointments that are kept.

In all the years I have been with VM (& their predecessors) I have never had a missed appointment.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (38 Views)

Very sorry to hear about the fault experienced msg13,

I've located your account and the line state appears to be active at the moment.

Are you able to receive calls at all?

Have you tried disconnecting the phone from the socket or tested different equipment at all?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (33 Views)

The issue for me is not the land line, just I cannot take time off at the moment.  Now days most people use mobiles anyway.

The good news is that the Line "re-attched" sometime this afternoon.   This was nothing to do with my house telephone equipment, but I had not way of proving that.  Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (24 Views)

Thanks for updating me about this msg13,

Great to hear that this is now working for you.

Please feel free to get back to me if anything changes.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos