Tested by ringing from my mobile, phone ringing but can't answer or make calls
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming or outgoing calls - Landline

Really sorry to hear this smanoharan,

I've double checked the line state from this end and I'm unable to detect any obvious causes for this.

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the handset or tested different equipment?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
smanoharan
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To check, I bought a new telephone and still no dial tone and/or incoming, outgoing calls until 25 Jan. I am now on away on holidays till 2 Feb and have a telephone engineer booked for 3 Feb.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi smanoharan

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us about this, we're very sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and we'd love to hear how the appointment goes when you get backMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
smanoharan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

On 21 Jan, I was not getting any incoming calls and was unable to make any outgoing calls. I called Virgin Media from my mobile and was taken through various options including a test on my line, automated, and was told that there was no problem with the line and suggested that I should check using a different handset. On 22nd, I bought a new phone and still was not able to make or receive calls. I called Virgin Media and spoke with someone in technical section, who also did tests and said that there is no fault on line but will book an engineer visit and the earliest appointment available was 26th. As I was going away on holiday from 25 Jan to 2 Feb, I booked the engineer for 3 Feb. On 23 Jan, I logged on to my Virgin Media account and noticed that an engineer visit was showing for 23 Jan and 3 Feb. I phoned and spoke with someone who told me that my appointment on 3 Feb, between 0800 and 1200, is still valid and the appointment showing for 23 Jan was an engineer site visit and that had happened and no problem was identified. Today, 3 Feb, an engineer visited at 1215 (he called me at 1130 to tell me he is running late), tested my line and said the line is dead and he will have to go to the exchange to check. He came back after 15 minutes and said there was a fault on my line in the exchange, he had repaired it and the line is working now. I tested and was able to make and receive calls.

What I do not understand is HOW all tests came up saying that there is no problem on my line, including replies from community??????? and WHY I had to waste half a day for something that should have been identified and repaired 10 days earlier?????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi smanoharan,

Thanks for posting an update.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this sorted. Our diagnostic tool can only check for certain fault types such as blocks in the exchange. It allows us to narrow down the cause of the fault but can't tell us if there is a physical issue such as damaged equipment.

In this instance, the diagnostic has told us the line is clear to the exchange and that a fault lay somewhere between the exchange and the property. We need to send a technician to visibly inspect the line and find the fault as the fault could be anywhere between the exchange and your property. He can then test the line in your property to make sure you have a dialling tone before leaving.

I understand it's frustrating having to wait in for a technician, but this process ensures we can resolve the issue within that visit.

Let us know if you get any more trouble and we'll check it out.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos