Menu
oldtechnophobe
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls

Live in the Carlisle area and am not receiving incoming calls. Engineer coming next Wednesday! This network hasn't worked correctly for over 2 weeks. When will Virgin get it sorted?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls

HI oldtechnophobe

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service lately although I'm glad to hear you've got an appointment arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oldtechnophobe
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

An engineer coming in 7 days time is not good news! We have had no service for over 2 weeks and have no way of knowing how long we have had no incoming calls. I know someone "left a message" about a month ago which we did not receive so this problem could go back to then. A local newspaper article stated around 900 customers in our area have had problems. This is, quite frankly, absolutely appalling service. Furthermore trying to contact someone by phone who can deal with this seems impossible as I always speak to someone in your call centre, presumably in India. You have no email address for complaints and a postal address in Swansea.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldtechnophobe

I'm very sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. I've checked your account and I can see you've got the earliest possible appointment. 

I can also see that a senior engineer has been assigned, so I'm confident we'll get to the bottom of this issue ASAP.

I'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oldtechnophobe
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your prompt reply. The local paper article said that Virgin bosses stated that they would "fully compensate all 800 or so of its Carlisle customers who were forced to depend on mobiles because their landlines were inactive." I would like to know how this is to be implemented. So far I have received four days line rental rebate which does seem a poor response, only after I pressed the person at your call centre.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldtechnophobe

Thanks for the response, I'd like to clear security with you to discuss the information regarding compensation in more detail. 

I've sent you a private message requesting some information to be able to take a look, you can view that message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
oldtechnophobe
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just checked my messages and the only one showing was sent 2 weeks ago, or am I being impatient?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldtechnophobe

Sorry about that, I've just re-sent it so check again for me? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos