Menu
ridley20
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No home phone for over 2 months

I am without a Virgin home phone, it's been over 2 months now, the phone first started to play up (really crackly) at the end of August, I tried contacting Virgin but with no luck.

So, as I was about to go on holiday for a week, I thought I would leave it until I got back.  

When I got home from Holiday on the 3rd September, I tried for a few days to get through to Virgin, after trying several times to get through by phone, being put on hold for around 40 minutes each time & then being cut off, I tried the Virgin online chat which was unable because it was busy, so i felt the only other option was Virgin forum.

I contacted Virgin Forum on 6th September, Nat_J responded & arranged a visit for the 20th Oct, with the groundwork needing to be done prior to the engineer visit.

The groundwork guys turned up on 28th Sept, they didn’t do any visible ground work, but said they had re-fed a cable?

The engineer turned up on 20th Oct just before 1800 hrs, after I had taken leave & waited in all day for them, only to tell me that they could not fix my phone because the groundwork/cable had not been sorted?

The engineer said he would be back the following day, 21st Oct, with his boss to sort the problem out, so I took the afternoon as leave, waited in all afternoon & nobody turned up????

I contacted Nat_J on the Forum on 21ST Oct, to inform her that the problem wasn’t resolved & asked her to push this request up tom management, she responded “I will certainly chase this up and get back to you ASAP. Thanks again and I'd like to once more offer my sincere apologies for all of the bother experienced”

But as yet, I have heard nothing & my phone is still not working.

This has been going on for more than 2 months now, I have to say the service has been really bad and I am not happy.

I have been with NTL / Virgin for 12 years or more & am seriously considering switching to another provider.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No home phone for over 2 months

Hi John,

Good news, I've heard back from the team today and they've advised that this has been resolved. Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you have any further issues with your service.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting ridley20,

I am still chasing this for you and have yet to receive a reply from the area field manager to sort this.

I can see that the cable was originally arranged to be pulled through on 21/10/16, but the work order was not completed.

I have since called the team to investigate this and they managed to get hold of the area field manager via telephone. The outside cable work has been advised as completed, therefore, if the telephone line is still not active, a faults technician would be required to check the connection from the inside of the property.

I've sent you a private mail so that we can arrange this.

Speak soon,

Nat.

ridley20
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

I re-booked an engineer, who arrived on Thursday, luckily it was the engineer who had called, when the call was first logged, over 2 months ago,

so he remembered straight away, he got straight on to his boss who arranged for us to be sorted & the ground crew turned up Friday.

So the cable has been laid, hopefully an engineer will be out Monday to connect us up.

Will keep you informed.

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear John!

Thanks for updating me on this. Smiley Happy

Would be fab to see this through with you up until it's resolve.

Speak soon,

Nat.

ridley20
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

No engineer has turned up yet.

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Nat isn't in this evening, so I've picked up your post. I'm sorry to hear that the engineer hasn't shown up. This department we need to contact in order to chase this up is now closed, so I'm unable to get in touch with them until tomorrow morning. 

I'll give the Field Ops Team a call tomorrow and consult with Nat on this first thing tomorrow and get straight back to you. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ridley20
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John,

Good news, I've heard back from the team today and they've advised that this has been resolved. Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you have any further issues with your service.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

ridley20
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

The engineer arrived this afternoon, so we have phone again.

Thanks for all your help.

John 

0 Kudos
Mik1
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I would consider changing provider. I have been waiting a month plus for a phone line and have had NO communication from Virgin.

We are counting the months when we can change but are stuck with a rubbish service, TIVO is so slow and the internet keeps going down.

June and Mik

0 Kudos